Had loads of fun getting Nokia Maps on my n82. I had an original version and automatic updates would constantly give the error
Unable to Install. Component built in.
so after much reading around I’ve put the following together.. kudos to http://betalabs.nokia.com
The following will reset everything (EVERYTHING!!) and you will need to re-install apps again (ovi will help !). The following will install Maps 3 and restore your contacts.
1. Sync contact list with Ovi
2. If you want – Back-up your memory card but exclude the Cities folder and qf file
3. Hard reset – Enter *#7370# on the standby screen (This could take up to 6 minutes to reset.. white screen for quite a bit.. be brave.. don’t remove the battery!)
4. Format memory card (you can do this via Tools>Utilities>Memory.. Options Format Card). Buhbye memory card.. THIS WILL WIPE EVERYTHING!
5. Get operator settings for network connectivity (02 will send them OTA to open use code is 1234)
6. Open Maps and exit
7. Connect phone again via USB and Run Maps Updater. Update and wait for licence and voice navigation
8. Open Maps after it’s updated. Make sure the application does open and it does the removal of old maps (which was created by step 6)
9. If Maps opens but shutdown by itself, remove memory card and open maps without memory card.
Then delete the cities and qf files using a PC. Put memory card back in and reopen maps.
10. Synch with OVI for contacts again
11. Reinstall any application and settings you have previously
12. Download new maps..