I’m giving a talk at 3dcamp entitled “The Consequences of Locating Stuff”
I see Location Based Services today represent only the beginning of a series of technological innovations that can potentially impact society in many ways at various scales, ranging from new modes of business operations to the possible invasion of personal privacy.
That’s the talk at a very high level – come along and sign up to attend 3dcamp in University of Limerick
When: Saturday 6th June 2009
Start & Finish: 10am start, 5pm’ish finish
- virtual worlds (Second Life, the Metaverse),
- mirror worlds (Google Earth and Virtual Earth),
- 3D modelling (Blender, Sketchup),
- mapping mashups, GPS,
- Location based Services (LBSs),
- haptics and augmented toys (eg. Wiimote hacks),
- ambient intelligence,
- interactive art installations
- …and all things 3D.